If you are new and don't know what this is about, just go to the very end of the post (or search for " What's This About? ", less the quotes) and check 'er out!
Day 9 - Thursday, September 20, 2012
Hello darling girl!
I know yesterday's post laid the groundwork for why I must keep this short and sweet so I'ma do just that! A few bullet points and I'll be done!
- You were SUPER wigglesome today. After last night's scare, never have I been so grateful.
- I slept for 7 hours last night and only woke up to go to the bathroom once, after 5 straight hours. I think that played a big role in me waking up feeling much more peace this morning!
- Today was a pretty sweet day. Lovely Angie took Rog to hang at her place to nap and then play for a few hours and I got a three hour nap. It was funny, actually, because I woke up after an hour and a half and thought I stayed awake...Angie was here and I was helping her help me with Rog. And then I woke up, saw that it was 4pm, and about had a heart attack! And then it suddenly made sense why us being on a professional golf course that was somehow part of my grandparents' basement and seeing a guy hit a hole in one into a red solo cup seemed a bit off.
- Today I was really blessed by the number of wonderful people who reached out and offered to help. Some offered to drop off meals, others to hang with Rog or to clean, some all three...and praise Jesus, my heart was soft enough to see it as beautiful. Christ's bride, the church, has the most beautiful body when she is moving and serving and I got to behold her delicate, grace-filled beauty today. Thank you for that, Jesus. And darling Juliet, this is because they love YOU, too! Our whole family is just adored. What a treasure!
- I have peace about tomorrow. We'll go to the doctor at 10:30 with bags packed and prepared for staying until we meet you; if we get to come home, then praise Jesus. I am asking him for the joy experiencing what it's like to go into labor on my own, but as a sweet gift that would be a "bonus." Really, I just want to rest in him, as his plan for your arrival was written long, long before I could have even known you would come.
I'll stop there. I could say more about how I had a fun day laughing and snuggling with your brother (who wouldn't leave my side, though he was very rambunctiously at my side all day!), or what an amazing man your daddy is, but really I'll just stop, go take a long, intentional jetted bath to care for my body, and spend some sweet time reading the Bible and enjoying my beloved Jesus.
I adore you, Juliet. Whether it's 9 days or 9 hours or 19 days until I meet you, I love you and treasure every moment your body is inside of mine while greatly anticipating holding you in my arms on the outside, and forever in my heart either way.
What's This About?
If you weren't around for it, when I was pregnant with Roger I did a blog series when I reached 100 days remaining until his due date; I knew then and know that September 29, 2012 is really just a placeholder that means very little, but it was fun to count down with Roger. I decided that I'ma try to do it again with Juliet. Now that I have a lovely 15 month old keeping me on my toes I might not be able to hit every single day the way I did with Roger but I still plan to give it my best!
So here we go! The lowdown: I'll keep one post per "decade" of days, updating with the current day at the top each day. Day 10 plus any bonus days will get their own posts until the day our beloved Juliet Elise arrives! And, as with Roger, they'll be addressed to her personally.